Steps to receiving financial aid
You do not need to wait to register for classes. If you have not received an award and are unsure if you will have enough funding, please feel free to speak with a financial aid officer.
|Financial aid plan for transfer students||Award terms & conditions|
1. File the FAFSA
If you have already filed the FAFSA for the academic year, add our school code (002329) so we can receive your information.
- Apply for aid for fall 2018, winter 2019 and spring/summer 2019 semesters.
- File the 2018-19 FAFSA, available October 1, 2017 - June 30, 2019, use your 2016 income/tax information
- Apply for aid for fall 2019, winter 2020 and spring/summer 2020 semesters.
- File the 2019-20 FAFSA, available October 1, 2018 - June 30, 2020, use your 2017 income/tax information
If you have already received aid for the current year, we will review your financial aid history to determine your current eligibility.
2. Review your awards and requirements via Academica
|Check your requirements|
We will send email to your WSU email account to update you on your financial aid status.
If you borrowed Pell Grants or student loans at another school and transfer to WSU mid-year, we may be required to revise your awards.
3. Complete all requirements
Some aid programs have additional requirements such as entrance loan counseling and promissory notes.
More information for transfer students
|Transferring from a closed school|