Be sure to file the FAFSA early every year
To receive federal aid you must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every year. You will need to file early to take advantage of all available aid.
2020-21 FAFSA Apply for the fall 2020, winter 2021 and spring/summer 2021 semesters.
Available October 1, 2019 - June 30, 2021, use your 2018 income/tax information
2021-22 FAFSA Apply for the fall 2021, winter 2022 and spring/summer 2022 semesters.
Available October 1, 2020 - June 30, 2022, use your 2019 income/tax information
Check your requirements
Remember to check your requirements to ensure your aid is ready for you when you need it.
You will receive an award notification via your WSU email, but you can check your aid status at any time in Academica.
Disbursement of financial aid funds
Financial aid funds are applied to your student account balance at the beginning of each semester provided you meet all of the following requirements.
- Respond to all requests for information.
- Enroll full-time (12 credits for an undergraduate) and graduate before your aid runs out.
- Enroll at least half-time (6 credits for an undergraduate)
- Complete loan entrance counseling and sign promissory note(s) if you are borrowing loans.
- Have confirmed course participation via your instructor.