Applying for aid
File the FAFSA
The school code for WSU is: 002329
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every year to apply for financial aid. This includes grants, loans and work-study programs.
2022-23 FAFSA Apply for fall 2022, winter 2023 and spring/summer 2023 semesters.
Available October 1, 2021 - June 30, 2023, use your 2020 income/tax information
2023-24 FAFSA Apply for fall 2023, winter 2024 and spring/summer 2024 semesters.
Available October 1, 2022 - June 30, 2024, use your 2021 income/tax information
Step 1: Have your tax return and income information available when you file the FAFSA.
|When you are attending (school year)||When you can submit a FAFSA||Which year's income and tax information is required|
|July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023||October 1, 2021 - June 30, 2023||2020|
|July 1, 2023 - June 20, 2024||October 1, 2022 - June 30, 2024||2021|
Step 2: Create an FSA ID
- To file and electronically sign your FAFSA, you will be asked to create an FSA ID.
Step 3: File your FAFSA
- The FAFSA is available at StudentAid.gov/fafsa.
- State of Michigan 2023-24 FAFSA deadline: TBA
- New first-year undergraduates are encouraged to apply by December 1, 2022
Step 4: Follow up
We will use the data on the FAFSA to determine your eligibility for financial aid.
Check Academica for any additional required documents. Complete your requirements early so your aid is ready for you when you need it. You cannot receive aid unless your requirements have been completed. Federal loans can only be processed while you are still enrolled for the semester.
Submit your FAFSA and all documents early for maximum aid eligibility.
- The 2022-23 FAFSA is available October 1, 2021 through June 30, 2023
- The 2023-24 FAFSA is available October 1, 2022 through June 30, 2024.
Help with the FAFSA is available by phone at 800-4-FED-AID [800-433-3243]. Online support is also available via chat or email from the