Wayne State Guarantee
In partnership with the Michigan Achievement Scholarship, we are expanding our financial aid programs to include the Wayne State Guarantee, which provides tuition assistance for eligible students, so they incur zero out-of-pocket expenses.
The Wayne State Guarantee is open to all Pell Grant-eligible Michigan residents, as well as most families who earn $70,000 or less and have $50,000 or less in assets.
Award for incoming first-year undergraduates - fall 2023
- We will cover the full cost of tuition and standard fees (matriculation, registration, and student service fees) with a combination of federal, state, and other WSU scholarships and grants.
- This award is renewable for up to four years, with the option to apply for a fifth year, provided you are on track to graduate in that year.
- Incoming first-year undergraduates who are Michigan residents admitted for fall 2023 as a first-time undergraduate in a degree-program.
- Household income of $70,000 or less and assets of $50,000 or less as confirmed on the 2023-24 FAFSA.
- Michigan residents eligible for the Pell grant in 2023-24 are also eligible.
- Must be enrolled full time (12 or more credit hours per semester) each semester. Funding is for fall and winter semesters.
- WSU must receive your 2023-24 FAFSA by May 1, 2023, and be eligible to receive federal student aid.
- Must apply for admission to WSU by May 1, 2023.
To retain eligibility
- Meet all Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements
- Maintain full-time enrollment (12 or more credit hours each semester) during the fall and winter semesters and pass a minimum of 30 credits per academic year.
- File your FAFSA each year and continue to meet family income requirements as outlined above.
Although the Guarantee is not open to transfer applicants, WSU offers a range of transfer scholarships including the following.