Wayne State Guarantee
In partnership with the Michigan Achievement Scholarship, we are expanding our financial aid programs to include the Wayne State Guarantee, which provides tuition assistance for eligible students, so they incur zero out-of-pocket expenses.
The Wayne State Guarantee is open to all Pell Grant-eligible Michigan residents, as well as most families who earn $70,000 or less and have $50,000 or less in assets.
Award for incoming first-year undergraduates - fall 2024
- We will cover the full cost of tuition and standard fees (matriculation, registration, and student service fees) with a combination of federal, state, and other WSU scholarships and grants.
- This award is renewable for up to four years, with the option to apply for a fifth year, provided you are on track to graduate in that year.
- This award will ensure tuition and fees are paid, but does not cover any other costs such as housing.
- Incoming first-year undergraduates who are Michigan residents admitted for fall 2024 as a first-time undergraduate in a degree-program.
- Household income of $70,000 or less and assets of $50,000 or less as confirmed on the 2024-25 FAFSA.
- Michigan residents eligible for the Pell grant in 2024-25 are also eligible.
- Must be enrolled full time (12 or more credit hours per semester) each semester. Funding is for fall and winter semesters.
- WSU must receive your 2024-25 FAFSA by April 1, 2024 and you must be eligible to receive federal student aid.
- Must apply for admission to WSU by April 1, 2024.
To retain eligibility
- Meet all Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements
- Maintain full-time enrollment (12 or more credit hours each semester) during the fall and winter semesters and pass a minimum of 30 credits per academic year.
- File your FAFSA each year and continue to meet family income requirements as outlined above.
Although the Guarantee is not open to transfer applicants, WSU offers a range of transfer scholarships including the following.