Award for incoming transfer students
In support of our frontline workers, Wayne State University is offering a Frontliners Forward scholarship to any Frontliner student that transfers to WSU after receiving their associate's degree.
The Frontliners Forward Award is $1,000 each fall and winter semester for up to two consecutive years beginning your term of admission (fall or winter).
- Eligibility through the State of Michigan Futures for Frontliners Program.
- An associate's degree earned at a Michigan community college
- Enroll in a WSU degree program to earn your first bachelor's degree and attend full-time (12 credits hours) each fall and winter semester.
To retain your award
- Maintain full-time enrollment (12 or more credit hours per semester) during the fall and winter semesters
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards
- If you earn a bachelor's degree in less than two years, your scholarship will terminate at that time.
This award is open to new transfer students who meet the eligibility requirements and submit documentation of BOTH of the following:
- Documentation of your participation in the State of Michigan Futures for Frontliners program.
- Documentation that you have earned an associate's degree.
For maximum scholarship consideration, incoming students must complete the undergraduate admission application (including submission of all transcripts) by applicable deadlines for that semester.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for all available funding. More information about federal, state and WSU aid programs is available on our financial aid website.