Reconnect transfer award
Award for incoming transfer students
Wayne State University is offering support to students who participate in the newly released Michigan Reconnect program through the State of Michigan. Students interested in pursuing a bachelor's after obtaining their associate degree through Michigan Reconnect will be considered for this award.
The Reconnect Transfer Award is a $4,000 award: $1,000 each fall and winter semester for up to two consecutive years beginning your term of admission (fall or winter).
- Earn an associates degree from a community college as a participant in the Michigan Reconnect Program
- Meet admission requirements and be admitted into a first bachelor's degree program at WSU
- Enroll full time (12 or more credits)
To retain your award
- Maintain full-time enrollment (12 or more credit hours per semester) during the fall and winter semesters
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards
- If you earn a bachelor's degree in less than two years, your scholarship will terminate at that time.
This award is open to new transfer students who meet the eligibility requirements and submit documentation to our office of BOTH of the following:
- Documentation of your participation in the State of Michigan Michigan Reconnect program.
- Documentation that you have earned an associate's degree.
Students will be automatically considered for merit-based funding in addition to the Reconnect Transfer Award.
For maximum scholarship consideration, incoming students must complete the undergraduate admission application (including submission of all transcripts) by applicable deadlines for that semester.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for all available funding. More information about federal, state and WSU aid programs is available on our financial aid website.