Reconnect transfer award
Award for incoming transfer students
Wayne State University is offering support to students who participate in the newly released Michigan Reconnect program through the State of Michigan. Students interested in pursuing a bachelor's after obtaining their associate degree through Michigan Reconnect will be considered for a $4,000 transfer award: $2,000 per academic year for two consecutive years beginning the term of admission.
- Earn an associates degree from a community college as a participant in the Michigan Reconnect Program
- Meet admission requirements and be admitted into a first bachelor's degree program at WSU
- Enroll full time (12 or more credits)
To retain your award
- Maintain full-time enrollment (12 or more credit hours per semester) during the fall and winter semesters
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards
- If you earn a bachelor's degree in less than two years, your scholarship will terminate at that time.
Students will be automatically considered for merit-based funding in addition to the Reconnect Transfer Award.
For maximum scholarship consideration, incoming students must complete the undergraduate admission application (including submission of all transcripts) by applicable deadlines for that semester.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for all available funding. More information about federal, state and WSU aid programs is available on our financial aid website.