Scholarships for international students
Wayne State University is committed to enrolling a diverse and talented student population. U. S. citizenship is not a requirement for admission and all incoming students will be considered for merit awards.
- Academic scholarships for new first-year undergraduates: Warrior Award | Gold Award | Green Award
- YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship - New!
- Transfer students
- Awards for graduate students
- Great Lakes Award
Information about financial aid sources outside of WSU for international and Canadian students is available at:
- edupass.org - SmartStudent guide to studying in the USA
- canlearn.ca - CanLearn student financial assistance for Canadian citizens
- maldef.org - Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund
Some non-citizens qualify for federal student aid. Citizens of the United States and eligible non-citizens need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for other available funding.
Wayne State University schools, colleges and departments
There are scholarships and fellowships awarded through some university schools, colleges and departments that do not include citizenship or permanent resident status as a criterion. We also encourage you to explore the external scholarship listings.
Resident tuition application
If you are in the United States for other than a temporary educational purpose, you may apply for resident status in the same manner as a U. S. citizen.