Detroit Promise for transfer students
The Detroit Promise is administered by the Detroit Regional Chamber in partnership with the city's Detroit Promise Zone. This award is supported by five participating community colleges and 17 four-year universities. The award ensures that any eligible Detroit-resident student graduating from a high school in the city of Detroit will have a tuition-free path to a bachelor's degree at Wayne State University.
Wayne State University is providing a tuition-free path to Detroit Promise transfer students who meet the following requirements:
- Complete an associate degree or a minimum of 58 credit hours
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Meet WSU admission requirements
Access the Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce website for additional information about the Detroit Promise Transfer Award.
Complete the annual Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for all available funding.
Award for incoming transfer students - Fall 2022
- Funding from Detroit Promise will cover up to the full cost of tuition and standard fees (matriculation, registration and student service fees) at the in-state rate minus federal, state and other university merit or need-based aid.
- This award is renewable for up to two consecutive years of study during the fall and winter semesters.
To retain the award
- File the annual FAFSA
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Maintain full-time enrollment (12 or more credit hours per semester) during the fall and winter semesters
- If you earn a bachelor's degree in less than two years, your scholarship will terminate at that time.
- Must pass a minimum of 12 credits each fall and each winter semester