Michigan Achievement Scholarship
The State of Michigan is offering the new Michigan Achievement Scholarship for incoming undergraduates entering Wayne State University beginning in the fall of 2023.
Award for incoming first-year undergraduates - fall 2023
- All eligible participants will receive a minimum award of $2,500. The minimum award must first be applied towards tuition and mandatory fees.
- Students who have remaining eligibility after the Federal Pell Grant and tuition-restricted awards will receive the last-dollar-in award up to $3,000. This award amount can only be used to pay tuition and mandatory fees.
- Funding is for fall, winter, and spring/summer semesters provided you are enrolled full time (12 or more credit hours per semester) each semester.
- This award is renewable for up to five years.
- This award is for incoming first-year undergraduates who are Michigan residents admitted for fall 2023 in a degree program. You must be a Michigan resident since July 1, 2022. If you are a dependent student, your parent(s) must also be a Michigan resident since July 1, 2022.
- Graduate from high school in Michigan with a diploma or a certificate of completion or achieved a high school equivalency certificate in 2023 or after and enroll within 15 months.
- File the annual FAFSA by the state deadline and demonstrate financial need with a FAFSA EFC of 25,000 or less.
To retain eligibility
- Meet all Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
- Continue to file the annual FAFSA and meet EFC requirements.
What charges will the award cover
Tuition and mandatory fees will be covered up to the lowest rate charged an undergraduate attending full-time. Mandatory fees do not include course-specific fees, lab fees, athletic fees, parking fees or other 'one-time' fees.
WSU pledge programs
The Michigan Achievement Scholarship will be applied to tuition & fees up to the lowest rate charged WSU undergraduates. For students in WSU pledge programs, WSU will ensure that their actual in-state tuition and standard fees will be covered with a combination of funding that includes federal, state, and WSU scholarships and grants.
Award may fluctuate
We anticipate that many student award offers will require revisions as new awards are added or adjusted. We expect that the Federal Pell Grant will increase for 2023-24, but the official amount has not yet been released. When we adjust Pell Grants, we may also revise Michigan Achievement awards if necessary.