File the FAFSA early every year
To receive federal aid you must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every year. File early to take advantage of all available aid.
2019-20 FAFSA Apply for fall 2019, winter 2020 and spring/summer 2020 semesters.
Available October 1, 2018 - June 30, 2020, use your 2017 income/tax information
2020-21 FAFSA Apply for fall 2020, winter 2021 and spring/summer 2021 semesters.
Available October 1, 2019 - June 30, 2021, use your 2018 income/tax information
Check your requirements
Remember to check your requirements to make sure your aid is ready for you when you need it.
You will receive an award notification by email, but you can check your aid status at any time in Academica.
Disbursement of financial aid funds
Financial aid funds are applied to your student account balance at the beginning of each semester provided you meet all requirements.
- Respond to all requests for information.
- Enroll full-time and graduate before your aid runs out.
- Enroll at least half-time, which is six credits for an undergraduate student.
- Complete loan entrance counseling and sign promissory note(s) if you are borrowing loans.
- Your instructor must confirm your course participation.