Reverse transfer agreements

The associate degree is the nation's fastest-growing academic credential, and can open the door to better job opportunities even while you work toward your bachelor's. Employers recognize this degree as evidence of your commitment to expanding your knowledge and achieving your educational goals. Reverse transfer allows you to transfer credits earned at Wayne State University back to the community college you transferred from in order to earn your associate degree. This can give you an edge as you pursue internships and work opportunities during your time at Wayne State.  

We have signed formal reverse transfer agreements with the following community colleges:

  • Delta College
  • Henry Ford College
  • Jackson College
  • Kalamazoo Valley Community College
  • Macomb Community College
  • Northwestern Michigan College
  • Oakland Community College
  • St. Clair County Community College
  • Schoolcraft College
  • Washtenaw Community College
  • Wayne County Community College District

Through our agreements with these participating community colleges, we will periodically evaluate your record. If you have met certain requirements, we will ask you to submit the Reverse Transfer Transcript Request form  so we can send your Wayne State transcript to your community college for reverse transfer purposes.

Once your community college reviews your transcript and confirms that you have earned your associate degree, you can have an updated community college transcript sent to Wayne State University at this address:

Wayne State University
P.O. Box 02759
Detroit, MI 48202-0759

If you attended a community college that does not have a formal agreement with Wayne State University, you can still request your WSU transcript to be sent to your community college to be evaluated for reverse transfer. While this process does not guarantee that you will receive your associate degree, we recommend you to do this to see if your community college will grant your degree. 

Request your WSU transcript

When you earn your associate degree, most community colleges will require you to apply for graduation. Please contact your college contact for confirmation.