Award for new freshmen in fall 2018
WSU will reward National Merit Scholarship finalists interested in studying in Midtown. To be considered, you must be a National Merit finalist and notify the Irvin D. Reid Honors College of your standing by emailing email@example.com.
Award for new freshmen in fall 2018 includes
- A reserved seat in the Irvin D. Reid Honors College
- $12,000 per year for up to four consecutive years
- $5,000 per year toward on-campus room and board
- One-time Study Abroad funding
- National Merit Scholar finalists are encouraged to apply for admission to WSU by December 1, 2017.
- Students are required to notify the WSU Honors College of National Merit Scholar finalist standing.
- This award is for fall and winter semesters and is disbursed only to students who attend full-time.
To retain the award
- Maintain a minimum 3.5 GPA
- Maintain full-time enrollment during the fall and winter semesters
- Pass at least 30 credits per academic year
- Maintain good standing within the Honors College.
- If you earn a bachelor's degree in less than four years, your scholarship will terminate at that time
This scholarship may be replaced or supplemented with an endowed scholarship for which you are identified as an eligible recipient.
Complete the 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by December 1, 2017 to be considered for all available funding.
International students will also be considered for this award. Only citizens of the United States and eligible non-citizens need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for other available funding.