Wayne State students often qualify for awards from external organizations and we encourage you to pursue all opportunities. Apply now. If you wait too long you might miss an important deadline.
Don't wait to be accepted to a college to begin researching and applying for scholarships.
Note: Students receiving scholarships, stipends, and fellowships can receive other federal and state aid provided the total amount awarded does not exceed the student's estimated cost of attendance.
Free Scholarship Search Sites
- Federal Student Aid information on applying for scholarships
- CollegeBoard Scholarship Search
- Scholarship America
- State of Michigan Scholarships & Grants
- U.S. Department of Labor free scholarship search
Reporting an outside scholarship or award
You are required to notify the financial aid office of all scholarships you will be receiving. This notification should be in writing to the Office of Student Financial Aid, attention: Scholarship Unit. In some cases, you may be required to repay aid that you have already received. The Bursar's Office will notify you of this through a billing statement, which you can view online through Academica.
Scholarship checks are usually made payable to the student and Wayne State University. Effective Monday, February 1, checks made payable to WSU or to you and WSU should be submitted to the WSU Cashier's Office. Scholarships will be applied to your account and will be split equally between the semesters unless otherwise indicated by the donor.
- If the check is made co-payable to you and WSU, you must sign the back of the check and include your student ID number.
- If the check is payable only to WSU, you do not need to sign the check, but do include your student ID number on the back.
- If the check is made payable only to you, do not send the check to WSU.
Scholarship checks by mail:
Wayne State University
P.O. Box 02788
Detroit, MI 48202
Scholarship checks in person:
Wayne State University
42. W. Warren, Room 217
Fall/winter office hours:
M-Th: 8:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
F: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Spring/summer office hours:
M-F: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
If a donor requires verification of enrollment, you may login to Academica and print a copy of your class schedule for the semester. You may also contact the Registrar's Office at 313-577- 2100. If a donor requires notification of billing, you may login to Academica and print a copy of your tuition account balance statement.