Detroit Leadership Award
Award for incoming freshmen - fall 2018
The Detroit Leadership Award is up to $5,000 per year for up to four consecutive years. This award is offered to select incoming freshmen who have shown an ability to excel in the academic arena and who are engaged in their communities through service and leadership.
- Graduate from a high school in Macomb, Oakland or Wayne County or one of these Michigan cities: Flint, Saginaw, Ypsilanti
- For maximum scholarship consideration, you must complete the undergraduate admission application (including submission of all transcripts and test scores) by December 1, 2017
- The final deadline for scholarship consideration is March 1, 2018
- This award is for fall and winter semesters and is disbursed only to students who attend full-time.
- Submit a personal essay and a letter of recommendation by March 1, 2018
- Upload documents to appstatus.wayne.edu
To retain the award
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Maintain full-time enrollment during the fall and winter semesters
- Pass at least 30 credits per academic year
- If you earn a bachelor's degree in less than four years, your scholarship will terminate at that time
This scholarship may be replaced or supplemented with an endowed scholarship for which you are identified as an eligible recipient.
Complete the 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by December 1, 2017 to be considered for all available funding.
Only citizens of the United States and eligible non-citizens need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for other available funding.