The Detroit Promise is administered by the Detroit Regional Chamber in partnership with the city's Detroit Promise Zone. This award is supported by five participating community colleges or 17 four-year universities. The award ensues that any Detroit-resident student graduating in the spring of 2017 from a high school in the city of Detroit will have a tuition-free path a bachelor's degree at Wayne State University.
- Funding from Detroit Promise will cover up to the full cost of tuition and standard fees (matriculation, registration and student service fees) at the in-state rate minus federal, state and other university merit or need-based aid.
- This award is renewable for up to four consecutive years of study.
To retain the award
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Maintain full-time enrollment during the fall and winter semesters
- If you earn a bachelor's degree in less than four years, your scholarship will terminate at that time.
Access the Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce website for additional information about the four-year Detroit Promise.
Complete the annual Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for all available funding.