Dates and deadlines
File the annual FAFSA
Complete the FAFSA early and submit all documents early, for maximum aid in the coming academic year.
You may view your awards and outstanding requirements at any time in Academica. We have begun awarding incoming freshmen for the 2019-20 academic year. Continuing students will begin to see 2019-20 awards in May 2019.
The 2020-21 aid year includes fall 2020, winter 2021 and spring/summer 2021 semesters.
- You can file the 2020-21 FAFSA, October 1, 2019 thru June 30, 2021.
- The 2020-21 FAFSA deadline for state aid is March 1, 2020.
- File by December 1, 2019 for maximum aid consideration.
- Undergraduates: To be considered for a WSU grant award file the FAFSA by March 1, 2020. Students who file after that date will be considered only for the Federal Pell Grant and Federal Direct Loans.
The 2021-22 aid year includes fall 2021, winter 2022 and spring/summer 2022 semesters.
- You can file the 2021-22 FAFSA, October 1, 2020 thru June 30, 2022.
- The 2021-22 FAFSA deadline for state aid is March 1, 2021.
- File by December 1, 2020 for maximum aid consideration.
Other dates and calendars