Dates and deadlines
File the annual FAFSA
Complete the FAFSA and submit all documents early, to ensure that you are given maximum aid in the upcoming academic year.
The 2020-21 aid year includes the fall 2020, winter 2021 and spring/summer 2021 semesters.
- You can file the 2020-21 FAFSA, starting October 1, 2019 through June 30, 2021.
- The 2020-21 FAFSA deadline for state aid is March 1, 2020.
- Undergraduates: To be considered for a WSU grant award you will need to file the FAFSA by March 1, 2020. Students who file after that date will be considered only for the Federal Pell Grant and Federal Direct Loans.
The 2021-22 aid year includes the fall 2021, winter 2022 and spring/summer 2022 semesters.
- You can file the 2021-22 FAFSA starting, October 1, 2020 through June 30, 2022.
- State of Michigan 2021-22 FAFSA deadline: May 1, 2021
- File by December 1, 2020 to be considered for maximum aid.
- WSU 2021-22 FAFSA priority deadline: March 1, 2021
- New undergraduate freshmen may qualify for WSU Tuition Pledge Progams if they file the FAFSA and are admitted by May 1. 2021
Other dates and calendars