Assessment Posters on Tour
Congratulations to this year's poster honorees, who exemplify good assessment practices, use their assessment work in scholarly conference presentations, or have received a 2018 WSU Assessment Grant for a project to improve their program's assessment practices. Posters are currently on display in Manoogian and will be touring other locations across campus in the coming weeks.
WSU Assessment's mission is to engage faculty, staff, administrators, and students from academic and co-curricular/student services programs in an effective, sustainable process of continuous program improvement that enhances student learning throughout their time at Wayne State. WSU Assessment encourages stakeholders' engagement by:
- offering professional development opportunities in program assessment, such as workshops, group and individual consultations, training videos, presentations, and written documentation
- disseminating information about program assessment through peer support structures (University, College/School /Division, and Departmental program assessment committees; program assessment coordinators) and online at assessment.wayne.edu
- recognizing individuals and programs for their exemplary progress and scholarly presentations or publications in assessment
- facilitating feedback processes to improve the quality of programs' assessment plans
Program assessment supports students, faculty, and staff by helping programs to:
- Articulate their goals
- Measure how well programs are achieving those goals
- Use that information to improve program quality
- Communicate programs' successes effectively
Get started on your assessment plan now using the resources on this site. For example:
- Use the University Assessment plan feedback rubric (MS Word) to compare your assessment plan to best practices.
- See examples of the core components of a complete assessment plan:
- Watch video tutorials to learn how to create or improve each item of an assessment plan and to use Compliance Assist to store your plan.
- Hold monthly discussions guided by the Program or Department or College Conversation Calendars (PDF) to simplify your assessment planning work.
New Resource: Assessment Handbooks (pdf)
University program assessment progress