For assistance with program assessment, contact:
Dr. Cathy Barrette, WSU Director of Assessment, for on-site, email, or phone consultations about any aspect of program assessment, on-site workshops, working hours with your group, or access to/questions about Compliance Assist
The Office for Teaching and Learning (OTL) for workshops or consultation on course learning outcomes and assessments
Your University Assessment Council representative for questions about good assessment practices, assessment procedures and committees, or for other related questions.
UNIVERSITY ASSESSMENT COUNCIL CHARGE AND STRUCTURE:
Revision Approved 2/13/17
The University Assessment Council promotes and supports program assessment by:
- Communicating assessment best practices, requirements, deadlines, resources, and opportunities for support to the university community,
- Reviewing the quality of school/college/division assessment progress and plans,
- Identifying individuals and programs that merit recognition for their assessment work,
- Collecting, reporting, and using evidence of Wayne State's assessment practices to improve those practices across campus and to support accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission, and
- Advising the Director of Assessment regarding strengths and weaknesses of assessment plans and processes.
University Assessment Council membership: The Associate Provost for Academic Programs/Associate Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness and the WSU Director of Assessment shall co-chair the council. The council shall consist of at least one primary and one alternate representative from each school and college and from Student Services as appointed by that unit's dean, associate provost, or their designee.