Wayne State is proud to be one of the safest college campuses in Michigan. Yet, as a major research university located in an urban area, we still may face a number of situations that could potentially disrupt learning and business operations and impact the safety of our community.
Examples of these crises could include:
- Severe weather (snow storm, flooding, etc.)
- Infrastructure failure (gas leak, water main break, brownout/power outage)
- Hazardous chemical spills in laboratories
- Building fires
- Unplanned construction complications
Crisis Management Team
Wayne State is committed to responding to any potential crises quickly and effectively. The university's Crisis Management Team is composed of members from throughout the university community who are prepared to assess and respond in the event of a crisis.
The responsibilities of the Crisis Management Team include:
- Developing and updating the overall crisis plans
- Conducting crisis simulations
- Informing the campus about safety and crisis preparedness
- Providing accurate and timely information during an emergency