There's no place on earth like Detroit. And there's no campus on earth like Wayne State. We're located in Midtown, the city center and one of the country's fastest-growing neighborhoods. On campus, you'll find 200 acres of green space, walking paths and state-of-the-art facilities surrounded by renowned cultural institutions and industry-leading employers. Every day, Wayne State students and faculty participate in the reinvention of a great American city as they live, learn, work and play in the heart of Detroit.
- More than 20,000 residents
- More than 50,000 employees
- More than 2.7 million annual visitors
- 340 businesses, including 57 retail and clothing stores, 81 restaurants and bars, six grocery stores and four hotels
- More than $2.3 billion has been invested in Midtown development in the last 10 years
- One of "52 Places to Go in 2017" — The New York Times
- Where Educated Millennials are Moving — Forbes
- One of "5 Surprising Cities Rapidly Attracting Millennial Job Seekers" — LinkedIn
- Number one on the list of "15 Cities Where You Can Live Really Well on $60,000" — CNBC
- Detroit named North America's top 'unexpected' food city — National Geographic
Even though we're headquartered in Detroit, five satellite campuses in Southeast Michigan make a Wayne State education accessible to students who want to complete their degrees close to home and work.
M. Roy WilsonWSU president
Other universities offer a semester in Detroit; we offer every semester in Detroit.