We will create and advance knowledge, prepare a diverse student body to thrive, and positively impact local and global communities.
We will be a preeminent, public, urban research university known for academic and research excellence, success across a diverse student body, and meaningful engagement in its urban community.
While our vision and mission show where we want to go, our values guide us on the way. They cut across organizational boundaries, bind us culturally, and permeate our strategic and tactical initiatives. They are the defining traits of the Wayne State community.
- Collaboration: When we work together, drawing upon various talents and perspectives, we achieve better results.
- Integrity: We keep our word, live up to our commitments and are accountable to ourselves and each other.
- Innovation: We are unafraid to try new things and learn by both failure and success.
- Excellence: We strive for the highest quality outcomes in everything we do.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We value all people and understand that their unique experiences, talents and perspectives make us a stronger organization and better people.
Learn more about what defines Wayne State and explore our 2016-21 strategic plan, Distinctively Wayne State.
Since 1915, Wayne State University has been accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, one of six regional accrediting agencies in the United States that provides accreditation to colleges and universities at the institutional level.