Frequently Asked Questions
- How to access eBill? To view your eBill statement online, log in to Academica using your WSU AccessID and password.
- Log in to Academica.
- Select the Student tab
- Under Financial Records
- Select eBill Statement & Payment History
- Select the All tab
- The most recent statement information should be in the drop down menu
- Select View Statement and a separate window with the pdf file will open.
- All students will receive an eBill that they can view through Academica. A history of up to six months of eBill statements is stored for your reference. If you want a paper copy of any of these statements, you may print a copy from any of the computer labs on the WSU campus or from your home computer.Computer RequirementThe only computer requirement is that Acrobat Reader be installed on the computer. This application can be downloaded for free from Adobe. If you need help downloading and installing Acrobat Reader, contact the Computing & Information Technology Help Desk at 313-577-4778.
- What if I don't open my eBill? It is your responsibility as a Wayne State student to respond to university billing notifications by the specified payment due date. If you choose not to respond by sending payment on or before the specified due date, late payment fees are assessed in accordance with university policy.
- When is tuition and fees due? How to pay?
Tuition due date is listed here. If you register after the payment due date, payment is due at the time of registration.Payment options:
Welcome Center42 W. WarrenRoom 217 from9 a.m. to 5 p.m.Monday through Friday
- Pay with credit card: required to enter the card number and expiration date and pay a convenience fee.
- Pay with fee-free electronic check: you will be required to enter your ABA routing number and account number (printed along the bottom of your checks).
- Pay by enrolling in installment payment plan: For more information about this payment option, click here.
- Pay with check: Make check payable to Wayne State University and mail to P.O. Box 02788, Detroit, MI 48202
- Pay in person: Go to the Cashier's Office in
- Is eBill up-to-date? Payments made online will update your student account and payment history within 10 minutes. Although, you will receive a payment confirmation via email if you include your email address in the required field, your eBill will not change right away as it is static. All activity on the eBill is presented as of the bill date. Transactions after the bill date will display on subsequent eBills.
- Can I see my transactions history? To review all payments and charges, click on the Student tab, then Financial Records
Click Bill/Account Summary to review current payment and charges.
Click on Statement and Payment History to review:
- eBills issued for your account in the past six months
- Transactions history since the last billing date
- Balance of your student account since the last bill
- What does the negative balance represent on my eBill? The negative balance represents a credit or excess payment on your account that may be refundable to you. If the excess amount is not related to restricted financial aid, then a refund will be generated in the form of direct deposit or check.Access your eBill as described above. Click print icon to print a copy
- I tried to open my eBill but nothing happens. Why? Check to make sure that a pop-up blocker is not activated in the Web browser on the computer you are using. This would keep you from opening a new window where your eBill would display. Temporarily disable the pop-up blocker and you should be able to view your eBill without a problem. If you need help turning off a pop-up blocker in your Web browser, contact the Computing & Information Technology Help Desk at 313-577-4778.
- Who do I contact if I have questions about my eBill? If your concerns cannot be addressed by viewing your eBill or other information available through Academica, you may contact Wayne State's Student Accounts Receivable Office at 313-577-3653 for further assistance.