eBills (electronic bills)
- WSU communicates student tuition and fee billing information electronically using eBill.
- Starting Fall Semester 2022, registered students can access their eBill statement in their Student Account Dashboard, accessible via Academica. (Spring/Summer 2022 eBills and School of Medicine 202207 eBills will be available to students in Academica).
- New eBill statements are prepared on or around the first business day of each month and are available for student viewing and download via the Student Account Dashboard.
- Students will receive a notification email to their WSU email address when a new eBill is available for review in the Student Account Dashboard.
Students may set a preference in the Wayne State Alerts service to also receive an eBill notice via text message to a cell phone or instant message to a personal computer. Wayne State Alerts is available through Academica under University Resources.
Duo Authentication is required in order to view the eBill. If you haven't already set up Duo, here is how to get started.
How to access my eBill statement
You can access your eBill statement through your Student Account Dashboard. To access your Student Account Dashboard:
- Login to Academica
- Select Student Resources
- Select Financial Records
- Select Student Account Dashboard
- Select Statements
- The eBill statements will be listed in ascending order with the most recent date on top
- Select the view statement icon
- Your eBill statement will open as a pdf file in a separate window
- The eBill balance due will not change as payments are made because the bill is static. All activity on the eBill is presented as of the bill date; payments and/or registration transactions after the bill date will display on subsequent eBills.
- To review all payments and charges, click on the Student tab in Academica, then on "Financial Records," then click on "Bill/Account Summary."
- Charges not paid by the eBill due date are subject to the following penalties:
- All academic records may be placed on hold until the account balance is cleared.
- Denial of future semester registration.
- Unpaid accounts will be referred for collections, where students will pay all collection fees and reasonable attorney fees if Wayne State University must take action to recover any past-due amounts owed to the university.
- Wayne State University will report delinquent account activity to three national credit bureaus.
Have a question? Read our FAQ.