Course equivalency

Getting started

You can research how your courses transfer by using the course equivalency tool below. While you review, please note the following: 

  • If your institution does not appear in the search, WSU does not currently have information for that particular school. Please email with a message that includes the name of the institution, course title and number and a syllabus so we can evaluate the content for course equivalency.
  • Some schools have multiple listings with different campus locations. Please use the main campus of your school.
    • E.g., Baker College-Flint is the main campus, as opposed to Baker College-Muskegon. 
  • A course numbered 2XXX means credit is granted for a 2000-level elective in the given subject. 
    • E.g., ENG 2XXX indicates elective credit is given for a 2000-level English course.
  • There are cases where successful completion of two or more courses from another institution equate one WSU course. In such cases, an abbreviation such as "1/2" or "2/2" will appear in the course name.
    • E.g., ASTR 1030 Gen Astronomy (1/2 AST 2010) and ASTR 1040 Gen Astronomy 2 (2/2 AST 2010) at Macomb - both must be taken to be granted AST 2010 credit at WSU.
  • Any course with an effective term (e.g. Eff. Fall 2009) applies to those taken during that term and thereafter.

Course Equivalency

Search using singular words. For example, use "Schoolcraft" instead of "Schoolcraft College."