Peer Mentor Training
Training is mandatory for every Peer Mentor. The Peer Mentors will be responsible for providing guidance and helping to foster cohesiveness among Learning Community students. In addition, each LC can develop customized training and/or work with the Learning Community Program staff to develop a training program for Peer Mentors.
- Peer Mentor Training Canvas
- 2019 Training Agenda (PDF)
- True Colors PowerPoint (PDF)
- True Colors Inventory (PDF)
- True Colors At a Glance (PDF)
- Student Leadership Inventory (PDF)
Past Training Events
- 2019 2019 Peer Mentor Training was held on Thursday, August 22nd and Friday, August 23rd in the Undergraduate Library. Our theme was "I'll be there for you" inspired by the TV show Friends.2019 Training Agenda (PDF)
- 2018 2018 Peer Mentor Training was held on Monday, August 20th in the Undergraduate Library and Tuesday, August 21st in the Student Center Ballroom. The theme for peer mentor training was "Let's Connect" and sessions referred to popular game shows and board games.2018 Training Agenda (PDF)"Suicide prevention and mental health services" PowerPoint presented by Stephanie Kastely, WSU Suicide Prevention Coordinator
- 2014 2014 Peer Mentor Training for 2014-15 Learning Communities was held on Monday, August 18 and Tuesday, August 19, 2014 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at St. Andrews Hall, on WSU's Main Campus.Roles & Responsibilities (.doc)2014-15 Program Calendar (.xls)
- 2013 2013 Peer Mentor Training for 2013-2014 Learning Communities was held on Thursday, August 22 and Friday, August 23, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in room 134 State Hall.2013 Training Agenda (PDF)Upcoming Events - 2013 (PDF)Presentations and Handouts from Training:"What do students need to succeed?" PowerPoint presented by Angela Zanardelli, Academic Success Center
- 2012 2012 Peer Mentor Training for 2012-2013 Learning Communities was held on Thursday, August 16 and Friday, August 17, 2012 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in room 101 State Hall.
- 2011 2011 Peer Mentor Training for 2011-2012 Learning Communities was held on Friday, August 12, 2011 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Hilberry ABC in the Student Center Building.
- 2010 2010 training for peer mentors took place August 6, 2010 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in room 134 of State Hall.
Additionally in October 2010, we offered a professional development event which focused on Coaching and Communication. October 2010 Professional Development PowerPoint
- 2009 2009 Peer Mentor Training for the 2009-2010 Learning Communities was held on August 8, 2009. 60+ peer mentors attended.2009 Training Agenda (PDF)