Warrior Way Back
Earn your way back to learn at Wayne State University
Warrior Way Back (WWB) is a debt forgiveness program for returning students with an outstanding balance with Wayne State University (WSU).
WWB forgives up to $1,500 over 3 semesters or upon graduation for qualifying students. To qualify, students must have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher, a balance of $1,500 or less, and not have attended class at WSU for 2 or more years.
If you would like to join or learn more about the program, please contact us - we look forward to talking to you!
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-577-0783
Warrior way back staff
Who qualifies for Warrior Way Back?
- Undergraduate level students
- Students who have not attended class at WSU in over two years
- Students who were previously enrolled at WSU, but did not earn a bachelor's degree
- Students who have a past due account balance of $1,500 or less
- Students who have a minimum 2.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average
- Students who have a 2019-20 FAFSA on file
How do I begin the Warrior Way Back Process?
You can contact us by emailing email@example.com or submitting a request for information using the button above.
I have a balance at an institution other than WSU do I qualify?
Wayne State University cannot forgive balances owed to other institutions, but it is our hope that other college and universities will follow our lead and do all they can to support students who wish to return to higher education.
I attended an information session what can I expect next?
Student Accounts Receivable, the Office of Student Financial Aid and the University Advising Center will complete a thorough review of your qualifications
- Please allow up to two weeks to ensure accuracy
Once the review is complete you will be contacted by WSU about your eligibility for the program and given next steps
- Be sure to check your email and voicemail
- If you are qualified for Warrior Way Back, the Office of Student Financial Aid will call you to discuss financial details
What are the requirements for Warrior Way Back after being accepted into the program?
- Register for a minimum of six credits for three out of four consecutive terms
- Limit coursework to only those required for graduation
- Earn a minimum of a "C" grade in each course and maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or higher each semester
- Meet all financial aid student and account balance requirements
How is my balance to WSU forgiven?
- A student's balance with the university is forgiven in thirds. Warrior Way Back students must be enrolled at least part-time and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress to remain eligible.
- Example: A student left Wayne State owing a balance of $1,500 in 2013. The student returns to WSU and enrolls in fall 2018 as a full-time student. The student successfully completes the semester; Wayne State University then forgives $500 of the student's past-due balance. Student enrolls for the next semester. At the end of that successful semester, WSU forgives another $500 of the past-due balance. Student enrolls for the third semester and successfully completes that semester, the remaining $500 balance is forgiven. The student has now completed the program and no longer has a balance.”