Adult Learner Success Team
I am Susie Reynolds and I have been working with students in all stages of their educational experience for over 8 years. I have a B.A. in Sociology and a M.Ed. in Higher Education Leadership. My goal is to be a resource to help you succeed!
As a lifelong learner myself, I know that navigating life can already lead to having plenty on your plate, and a lot goes into making the decision to add school. I hope to help give you the tools you need to be successful in handling both!
As a former TRIO Educational Opportunity Center counselor, I have extensive experience working with adult learners from different backgrounds. This position has prepared me to understand the unique needs, challenges, and obstacles experienced by adult learners and assist in removing barriers and overcoming challenges. My mission as a counselor is to provide adult learners with high-quality career skills development, preparation, and career opportunities while providing compassionate and positive leadership. My personal vision is to ensure all adult learners have the necessary preparation, competencies, and employability skills to become successful skilled professionals in their chosen career pathway.
Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Adult Learner Council
The Adult Learner Council (ALC) is a group of WSU advisors, administrators, and other professionals as well as a student representative. Our goal is to identify institutional obstacles to adult learner success and propose opportunities for improvement. If you are interested in learning more about the ALC, please contact Stacie Moser or Susan Reynolds.
- Stacie Moser (co-chair), Academic Advisor IV for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS)/Sociology/Anthropology
- Susie Reynolds (co-chair), Academic Advisor II for the University Advising Center (UAC)/Warrior Way Back & Adult Learners
- Kathleen Anderson, Academic Services Officer II for Student Disability Services (SDS)
- Tyrone Austin, University Advisor IV
- Daisy Cordero, Financial Aid Officer
- Bianca Fielder, Career Advisor for the Mike Ilitch School of Business Career Planning and Placement Office
- Stephanie Hawkes, Ed.D, Senior Director for the Office of Multicultural Student Engagement (OMSE)
- Lenuel C Hernandez, University Counselor II for the Academic Success Center (ASC)
- Laura Hetzler, Academic Advisor II for the University Advising Center (UAC)/Pre-Med and Health Science Center
- Douglas Peacock, Academic Services Officer III for the University Advising Center (UAC)/Wayne Advantage-Macomb
- Maya Calloway Richardson, Director of Student Services for the College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts
- Terrell Topps, Educational Transition Coordinator, CLAS
- Brandi Walthall-Johnson, Academic Advisor I for MISB
- Audrey Whitfield, Associate Director, Enrollment Services, Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Resources for advisors