The National Student Clearinghouse transcript request is the only method in which official transcripts may be requested. Wayne State University does not accept transcript requests over the phone.
- Electronic transcript: A transcript requested electronically is typically received the same day it is ordered.
- Mail transcript: A transcript being mailed through the United States Postal Service could take up to 2-3 days processing time before mailing. Additional delivery options are available on the NSC site.
- Students who attended prior to 1998: There may be a 3-5 day delay in processing your order.
- Financial hold on your WSU account: Transcript orders cannot be processed until all financial holds have been removed. If you have questions regarding your account, please contact Student Accounts Receivable 313-577-3653 or email the Bursar's Office at Bursar@wayne.edu.
Transcript Attachment Options:
You may include up to three documents to be sent with your Wayne State University transcripts, such as application forms required by recipient graduate/scholarship programs or for licensing. These documents must be in pdf, doc, docx, or jpg formats. Upon review, we reserve the right not to include certain documents with your transcripts. We do not assume responsibility regarding the legibility of your document.
Unofficial transcripts are available at no cost and are intended for personal use and reference; they do not contain the Wayne State University seal, address or the Registrar's signature.
To view and print your unofficial transcripts, you can do so in Academica (Student Resources > Student Records > View Unofficial Transcripts). If you have a hold on your account select View Unofficial Transcripts (Holds).
For students/alumni that attended prior to 1998, your transcripts may not be viewable in Academica. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Date of birth
- Mailing address (to mail unofficial transcripts)