1. Information will be provided to you regarding Wayne State academic, mental, social and physical support through our learning management system, called Canvas. Approximately two days after you make an reservation for orientation, we will upload a list to Canvas giving you access to a Pre-Orientation Online module (you would have had this as part of your orientation process anyway!). Log into Canvas using your Wayne State accessID (e.g ay4959) and password (you would create this on your own).
2. Advising and registration support will be provided through our incredible academic advising team within each school, college and department. You can expect to receive an email to your Wayne State account from your academic advisor approximately one week before your designated orientation date. This email also includes how to register for classes. At this time, you will be added to an Online Orientation course through Canvas.
3. Join us on the day of your designated orientation date for a virtual program. You will receive a link to your Wayne State email account with information on how to join the program at a designated time.
4. After your designated orientation date, you can join our team online through Wisr. You will be sent an invitation to join this community to engage with us for the rest of the summer. You also will unlock additional information in the online Canvas course, which you will need to complete by Sept. 1 in order to have "completed" the online orientation program.
5. Along the way, and thereafter, our Orientation Leaders will be here to engage with you in a variety of ways. You can start by following us on Instagram (@exploreWSU) for information and updates as well.
6. If you ever need anything, please reach out to our office at email@example.com, call Katie Rawlings at 313-577-2219 or Zak Krug at 313-577-2420.