Pre-Med and Health Science Center (PMHSC)
WSU's PMHSC provides prerequisite advising, academic support, and professional development strategies for all WSU students pursuing admission to competitive health care programs. We will challenge you to develop a strong portfolio of engagement while maintaining the high standards of academic excellence that you need to compete in the admissions process. Currently, advisors are seeing students who are interested in
- Clinical lab science programs
- Dental school
- Medical school
- Mortuary science programs
- Nursing programs
- Occupational therapy programs
- Optometry school
- Pharmacy school
- Pathologists' assistant programs
- Physical Therapy programs
- Physician assistant programs
- Podiatry school
- Radiation therapy programs
- Radiologic technology programs
- Veterinary school
Admitted WSU students can click the link below to schedule with a PMHSC advisor. Direct links can also be found on the Meet Our Staff page. Please review our remote advising page for instructions about how we are conducting virtual appointments. Prospective students interested in meeting with a pre-health advisor can request an appointment by completing an intake form.
Have questions or need help registering for fall 2022? Come to our Tuesday virtual Drop-in advising days. These sessions are for assisting with fall 22 registration for all programs listed above (except pre-med/dent/vet). As these sessions take additional time, please schedule an appointment for pre-med/dent/vet using the button below.
Drop In Tuesdays (April 26 through September 13, 2022)
Virtual: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (must arrive in Zoom by 4 p.m.)
- url: wayne-edu.zoom.us/j/95028290946?pwd=VE45aFExbUZuVGVTVkJzY25PbkhxZz09
- Meeting ID: 950 2829 0946
- One tap mobile: +13017158592,,95028290946#,,,,*285578# US (Washington DC) +13126266799,,95028290946#,,,,*285578# US (Chicago)
- Dial by your location: +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC) +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) +1 646 876 9923 US (New York) +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose) +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- Find your local number: https://wayne-edu.zoom.us/u/aejQygveUB
There is no in-person drop in at this time. For all other advising questions/concerns, click the schedule an advising appointment button below for in-person or virtual appointment options.
Fall 2022 Pre-med Freshmen: Consider being part of a Pre-med First Year Interest Group!
Fall 2022 Pre-Nursing Freshmen: Consider being part of a Pre-Nursing First Year Interest Group!