Whether you're a high school guidance counselor or a community college counselor, you are essential to helping students reach their goals. We've put together some useful information to help lead your students to success at Wayne State University. 

You can find the Admissions Counselor assigned to your institution by entering your zip code here. We are available to answer your questions about the admissions process and to help guide your students through their transition to WSU.

Find important news and information in our counselor newsletter published every semester. 

Read the Winter 2021 edition  Read the Fall 2020 edition

Counselor Materials

Presentation for Counselors - updated September 2020

Excited students with pom poms

Admission requirements


Transfer students

Canadian students 

Next steps for newly admitted students

Application fee waivers

The WSU Office of Undergraduate Admissions accepts application fee waivers for first-time freshmen and transfer students. You must sign your student's university fee waiver prior to application submission at WSU. Transfer students may submit the NACAC Transfer Fee Waiver and must have attestation from a financial aid officer or staff member from their current or most recently attended college/university. Application fee waivers are subject to the approval of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and are granted based on evidence of financial need.

Visit campus

For fall 2020, Wayne State has suspended in-person visits and has expanded our virtual opportunities for you and your students to visit with the university from the comfort of your homes. We invite you to explore our online visit options below.

Paying for college

Request materials

Need brochures or other printed materials? Email with your request for information.

Connecting with Us

For fall 2020, Wayne State will offer opportunities for you and your students to connect with us through virtual visits and college fairs. To schedule one of these or to discuss other ways we can connect with your students, contact the counselor assigned to your school.