You're eligible to apply as a guest student if you:
- Are currently enrolled or have enrolled within the past 12 months at another college or university.
- Have already completed at least 12 credit hours at your current institution.
- Have a minimum 2.0 grade point average at your current institution.
- Are in good standing with your institution and eligible to return after completing courses at WSU.
How to apply
- Apply to Wayne State using the university application.
- Have official transcript sent to WSU by your home institution.
- You should receive an admission decision two to three weeks after you have submitted the university application and your completed enrollment verification has been received.
Once You're Admitted
Once you're admitted to WSU as a guest student, you will receive an enrollment email that walks you through setting up your accounts, registration, and available student services..
- Registration: Once you set up your Academica account, you can register for courses. If you receive an error message while registering, please contact the academic department offering the course. Some courses may require prerequisites, a member of the department staff can verify that you meet the prerequisite and assist you with registration.
- Advising: All academic advising will come from your home institution. You are responsible for requesting a WSU transcript be sent to your home institution after your courses are completed. </p>
- Finances: You will receive an email to your WSU email account when your tuition charges are ready to be viewed and paid via eBill. Payment plans are available, so you can spread your tuition costs into smaller payments.
Admission occurs on a rolling basis each semester prior to the start of classes.
Submit all application materials by the appropriate date, depending on the semester in which you plan to start classes.
Fall (September-December) — August 1
Winter (January-April) — December 1
Spring/summer (May-August) — April 1