Warrior Way Back
We want you back! A balance doesn't need to prevent you from earning your degree.
Warrior Way Back (WWB) is a debt forgiveness program for returning students with an outstanding balance with Wayne State University (WSU).
WWB forgives up to $1,500 over 3 semesters or upon graduation for qualifying students. To qualify, students must have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher, a balance of $1,500 or less, and not have attended class at WSU for 2 or more years.
If you're in the process of paying a balance down to $1,500 or need an assessment of your balance, please continue to fill out the application. We will be in contact with you when your evaluation is complete.
If you would like to join or learn more about the program, please contact us - we look forward to talking to you!
If you do not owe a balance to the university, start here.
Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or check out or video archive library below!
Adult Learner and Returning Warrior Virtual Events
Video Archive Library
Check out the videos below to learn more about being an adult student at Wayne State and what programs are available to help!
Tuesday Talk - Academic Stress for the Adult Learner During a Pandemic
August 11, 2020
Friday Chat - Online Courses: How they Work and What to Expect
July 24, 2020
Tuesday Talk - Financial Aid and the Adult Learner: Covid-19 Edition
July 14, 2020
Friday Chat - The Adult Returning Student Advisor: How I Can Help!
June 26, 2020
Now This Feature on the Warrior Way Back program
Warrior Way Back Team
How do I begin the Warrior Way Back Process?
Submit the application, or reach out to us at email@example.com with questions.
Who qualifies for Warrior Way Back?
Student must meet ALL of the following requirements.
- Undergraduate level students
- Students who have not attended class at WSU in over two years
- Students who were previously enrolled at WSU, but did not earn a bachelor's degree
- Students who have a past due account balance of $1,500 or less
- Students who have a minimum 2.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average
- Students who have resolved all housing holds
- Students who have a current FAFSA on file for the semester in which they intend to return
I have a balance at an institution other than WSU do I qualify?
Wayne State University cannot forgive balances owed to other institutions, but it is our hope that other college and universities will follow our lead and do all they can to support students who wish to return to higher education. We recommend that students resolve balances at other institutions before returning to WSU.
I submitted an application. What can I expect next?
Student Accounts Receivable, the Office of Student Financial Aid and the University Advising Center will complete a thorough review of your qualifications
- Please allow up to two weeks to ensure accuracy
Once the review is complete you will be contacted by WSU about your eligibility for the program and given next steps
- Be sure to check your email and voicemail
- If you are qualified for Warrior Way Back
- You will meet with the returning student advisor to sign a Financial Agreement
- You will meet with your departmental advisor to sign an Academic Agreement
- A Financial Aid Officer will call you to discuss your aid eligibility
What are the requirements for Warrior Way Back after being accepted into the program?
- Register for a minimum of six credits for three out of four consecutive terms
- Limit coursework to only those required for graduation
- Connect with an advisor at least twice each semester
- Earn a minimum of a "C" grade in each course, no incompletes, and maintain a term grade point average of 2.5 or higher each semester
- Meet all financial aid and account balance requirements
How is my balance to WSU forgiven?
- A student's balance with the university is forgiven in thirds. Warrior Way Back students must be enrolled at least part-time and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress to remain eligible.
- Example: A student left Wayne State owing a balance of $1,500 in 2013. The student returns to WSU and enrolls in fall 2018 as a full-time student. The student successfully completes the semester; Wayne State University then forgives $500 of the student's past-due balance. Student enrolls for the next semester. At the end of that successful semester, WSU forgives another $500 of the past-due balance. Student enrolls for the third semester and successfully completes that semester, the remaining $500 balance is forgiven. The student has now completed the program and no longer has a balance.”