Waitlist information for Faculty and Departments
General information for students about waitlisting is available at: https://wayne.edu/registrar/waitlist/
Detailed How To instructions for students are available at: https://wayne.edu/registrar/howtowaitlist/
- We have created a report to help departments manage their waitlists. We've created a job aid to help run this report. If you receive an error saying you don't have access, please reach out to your business manager. They can submit a request for access to Cognos and the student data repository for you.
- Not all sections are able to accomodate waitlists. Sections incompatible with waitlisting include:
- Cross-listed sections
- Lectures with linked sections - the waitlist is placed on the lab or discussion
- Independent Study (IND), Internships (INT), or Clinical (CLN) courses
- Sections with reserved seating as part of a block schedule
- Entering a closed section override circumvents the waitlist. Departments should be mindful about the use of closed section overrides on waitlisted sections. All other overrides (pre-requisites, repeat, class, program, etc.) may be entered in advance in case a seat becomes available. Level overrides must be manually registered by the Registration office and may not be compatible with waitlisted sections.
- If the department opens another section of a course, waitlisted students are NOT notified of the new section.
The department will need to contact students on the waitlist to encourage registration in the new section.
- Increasing the enrollment capacity in a section will automatically send notifications to the corresponding number of students on the waitlist.
- Banner form SFIWLNT lists which students have been notified for a specific CRN.
- Waitlists are not automatically offered on all sections of all courses. To create a waitlist simply enter a number in the 'Wait Capacity' field in WISE.
- If you need additional assistance setting up a waitlist for a section, please contact the Scheduling office at email@example.com.
- Waitlisting ends the first day of class for the term. Any available seats will be open when registration opens that day at 7:00 am. Requests for closed section overrides will be referred to the department offering the course.
Students are able to view their position on the waitlist in the "Schedule Details" panel as part of the Register for Classes and View Your Class Schedule pages in the Registration Portal (registration.wayne.edu). View Your Class Schedule (View Registration Information) has the advantage of being available even when registration is offline from midnight to 7 am:
Registration hours are 7:00 a.m. to midnight - Eastern Time Zone.
Back to the REGISTRATION page