How to apply
File the FAFSA
The school code for WSU is: 002329
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every year to apply for financial aid. This includes grants, loans and work-study programs.
2020-21 FAFSA Apply for fall 2020, winter 2021 and spring/summer 2021 semesters.
Available October 1, 2019 - June 30, 2021, use your 2018 income/tax information
2021-22 FAFSA Apply for fall 2021, winter 2022 and spring/summer 2022 semesters.
Available October 1, 2020 - June 30, 2022, use your 2019 income/tax information
Use the mobile app to file your FAFSA - new
The myStudentAid mobile app is available in the App Store (on iOS) and the Play Store (on Android).
Step 1: Have your tax return and income information available when you file the FAFSA.
|When you are attending (school year)||When you can submit a FAFSA||Which year's income and tax information is required|
|July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021||October 1, 2019 – June 30, 2021||2018|
|July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022||October 1, 2020 – June 30, 2022||2019|
|July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023||October 1, 2021 - June 30, 2023||2020|
Step 2: Create an FSA ID
- To file and electronically sign your FAFSA, you will be asked to create an FSA ID.
Step 3: File your FAFSA
- The FAFSA is available at fafsa.gov.
- State of Michigan 2021-22 FAFSA deadline: May 1, 2021
- New freshmen are encouraged to apply by December 1, 2020
- WSU 2021-22 FAFSA priority deadline: March 1, 2021
- New undergraduate freshmen may qualify for WSU Tuition Pledge Progams if they file the FAFSA and are admitted by May 1. 2021
Step 4: Follow up
We will use the data on the FAFSA to determine your eligibility for financial aid.
Check Academica for any additional required documents. Complete your requirements early so your aid is ready for you when you need it.
- Check your requirements
Submit your FAFSA and all documents early for maximum aid eligibility.
- The 2020-21 FAFSA is available October 1, 2019 until June 30, 2021.
- The 2021-22 FAFSA is available October 1, 2020 until June 30, 2022.
Help with the FAFSA is available by phone at 800-4-FED-AID [800-433-3243]. Online support is also available via chat or email from the