Checklist and deadlines
First things first
- First-year applicants can apply to Wayne State for fall 2023 using the university application or Common Application and submit the $25 application fee.
- Submit your SAT score using the WSU code 1898 or your ACT score using the WSU code 2064 unless you are applying through our test optional pathway.
- Submit copies of all transcripts to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Wayne State University
P.O. Box 02759
Detroit, MI 48202
You also may be able to submit your transcripts online.
- You should receive an admission decision within two to three weeks after submitting your application or any outstanding materials.
- If you plan to major in music, theatre or dance, be sure to schedule an audition and/or interview with the department.
- Wayne State has implemented a number of changes to our admissions process, including the addition of a test-optional pathway, to accommodate prospective Warriors as a result of the novel coronavirus. Review our updates, and contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions if you have questions about the application process.
Submit all application materials by the appropriate date, depending on the semester in which you plan to start classes:
Fall (Sept.–Dec.) — Aug. 1
Winter (Jan.–April) — Dec. 1
Spring/summer (May–Aug.) — April 1
Class of 2026 Profile
Average ACT: 24
Average SAT: 1112
Average high school GPA: 3.45
When you accept your offer of admission, you must also submit a $50 enrollment deposit to secure your place at WSU. The deposit is nonrefundable after May 1 for first-year students and June 1 for transfer students.
Wayne State requires first-year and transfer applicants to submit a $50 deposit upon accepting admission to secure their place in the incoming class. The deposit will be applied to your tuition bill for the first semester.
Once you have accepted your offer of admission on your application status portal, you should pay the enrollment deposit. You will not be able to register for New Student Orientation until the enrollment deposit has been paid. We encourage fall first-year students to pay their deposit by May 1 and fall transfer students to pay by June 1.
Students admitted after these dates should pay their enrollment deposit as soon as possible to register for New Student Orientation.
The enrollment deposit is refundable through May 1 for first-year students and June 1 for transfer students admitted for fall. Enrollment deposits are nonrefundable after these dates.
The deposit will appear as a credit on your student account and will be used to offset a portion of your tuition for the first semester.
All incoming first-year and transfer students are required to pay the $50 enrollment deposit.
Yes. However, students who have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a zero Expected Family Contribution qualify for an enrollment deposit deferment. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions will contact students who qualify for that deferment.
To pay your enrollment deposit, please:
- Log in to your application status portal and click on the "Enrollment Deposit - Submit Payment for 50.00 USD" link.
- Select your desired payment method and click Continue Check-out.
- You can also pay in person at the Cashier's Office in the Welcome Center.
Accepting admission and paying the enrollment deposit will secure your place in the incoming class. To register for New Student Orientation and sign up for classes, you must pay the enrollment deposit.
No. Wayne State will not accept a partial payment of the enrollment deposit.
Please notify the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as soon as possible if you have decided not to attend WSU. The enrollment deposit is only refundable through the deposit due date. If you have already registered for classes and decide not to attend WSU, be sure to drop all of your classes. If you have not registered for classes and decide to attend WSU in the future, you will need to reapply for admission and meet the admission requirements and deadlines at that time, including payment of the enrollment deposit.
The enrollment deposit is refundable if students notify us prior to May 1 that they will not be attending WSU. Enrollment deposit refunds will be generated beginning in mid-May and take 4-6 weeks to process. Physical refund checks will be mailed to your application address.
AP, CLEP and IB credits
There is no limit to the number of transferable credit hours that may be granted for any combination of AP, CLEP, and IB tests toward your Wayne State degree.