Name and address changes

Name changes

To change your name, complete a name change request and attach a copy of your driver's license or state ID, a copy of your marriage certificate, or a court document authorizing the name change. You need your AccessID and password to submit the form.

To reset your password or retrieve your AccessID or contact the C&IT Help Desk at 313-577-HELP (4357). For additional assistance, contact us at 313-577-2100.

Address changes

It is very important to notify the university when you change your address. Change your address through Academica. You will need your WSU AccessID and password to enter Academica.

If you don't know your WSU AccessID, you can look it up by searching for your last name in WSU's Online Directory.

Once you have your AccessID and password, follow these instructions to change your address:

  1. Login into Academica
  2. Go to the "Student Resources" menu, and select "View Personal Info" under the "Student Records" menu.
  3. Select "Update Address(es) and Phone(s)."
  4. Select the current mailing address you are changing or updating.
  5. You need to end the current mailing address. Enter the date your new address is going into effect in the "Until this Date" field.  Then, hit the "Submit" button.
  6. Go back to "Update Address(es) and Phone(s)." Select the "Mailing" address option from the "Type of Address to Insert" dropdown. Then, hit the "Submit" button.
  7. Enter the date the new address starts in the "Valid From this Date" field. Leave the "Until this Date" field blank. Fill in the rest of the address fields, and then hit "Submit".

You can verify your entries by selecting "View Address(es) and Phone(s)" again.

If you have any questions, you can email from your AccessID or call 313-577-2100.

Alternatively, you can access the Address and/or Phone Number Change request directly (AccessID and password required).