Mark Anthony Manning (ew9106)
87 E Canfield
Detroit, MI 48201
Karmanos Cancer Institute
4100 John R.
Mail Code: MM03EP
Detroit, MI 48201
(1997) Graduate, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
(1993) Baccalaureate, Brown University
(2011-2013) Senior Postdoctoral Fellow, Communication and Behavioral Oncology, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit MI
(2009-2011) Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Psychological Science, University of Missouri
(2013-Present) Assistant Professor, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
Society of Behavioral Medicine
American Association for Cancer Education
Society of Personality and Social Psychology
Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
(2012-2014) NIH Loan Repayment Program
(2011 and 2013) Fellowship to attend the 2011 Summer Workshop on African American Aging, Michigan Center for Urban African American Aging Research
(2005) Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowship Honorable Mention
(2003-2004) Graduate Student Fellowship- University of Massachusetts at Amherst
1. Manning, M., Durie, N., Bey-Knight, L., Littrup, P., Penner, L., Albrecht, T., (2013).
Knowledge of breast density and awareness of related breast cancer risk. Journal of Cancer Education, 7.7.
2. Schlegel, R., Manning, M., Molix, L., Talley, A., & Bettencourt, B. (2012). Predictors of depressive symptoms among breast cancer patients during the first year post diagnosis. Psychology & Health, 27(3), 277-293.
3. Marks, E., Manning, M. & Ajzen, I. (2012). The impact of Negative Campaign Ads. Journal of Applied Social Psychology. 42 (5): 1280-1292
4. Manning, M (2011). When normative perceptions lead to actions: Behavior-level attributes influence the non-deliberative effects of subjective norms on behavior. Social Influence. 6(4), 212-230
5. Manning, M (2011). When we do what we see: The moderating role of social motivation on the relation between subjective norms and behavior in the Theory of Planned Behavior. Basic and Applied Social Psychology. 33:4, 351-364
6. Manning, M. and Bettencourt, B (2011). Depression and medication adherence among breast cancer survivors: Bridging the gap with the Theory of Planned Behavior. Psychology and Health .26(9): 1173-1187
7. Manning, M. (2009). The relationship between subjective norms and behavior in the Theory of Planned Behavior: A meta-analysis. British Journal of Social Psychology, 48(4), 649-705.
8. Perry-Jenkins, M., Claxton, A., Smith, J.Z., & Manning, M. A. (2009). To work and to love: The bidirectional relationship between work and marriage. Crane, Rand Hill, J. (Ed.) Handbook of Families and Work. The Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group Inc.
Return to Search