Satisfactory Academic Progress

In order to receive financial aid, you must make satisfactory academic progress (SAP). If you do not meet the minimum requirements, you could lose your eligibility. Federal regulations require the financial aid office to apply reasonable standards for measuring whether you are making progress toward a degree.

Law students receiving any form of financial aid must adhere to the standards for satisfactory academic progress.  Quantitative (credit hours earned) and qualitative (grade point average) standards are applied. 

View your SAP status in Academica

The Office of Student Financial Aid monitors satisfactory academic progress for law students annually. Students who are not meeting standards will be denied aid. You may appeal this decision by completing the SAP appeal form. If your appeal is approved you will be on probation for one semester. 

Aid cannot be applied until your Satisfactory Progress is reviewed. Missing grades will delay disbursement of your financial aid. 

View the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy

Student support services

Wayne Law Student Affairs
Law School, Suite 1255

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
552 Student Center Building

Student Disability Services
1600 David Adamany Library