Helen Berlie BHS, Pharm.D., CDE, BCACP (aj2269)
- 2005 - Pharm.D., Wayne State University
- 2003 - BHS, Wayne State University
- 2015 - Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist
- 2008 - Certified Diabetes Educator (Canada)
- 2007 - Diabetes Research Fellowship, Wayne State University
- 2008-Present - Ambulatory Care Specialist - Diabetes, Health Centers Detrtoit Medical Group
- 2021-Present - Ambulatory Care Concentration Task Force Chair
- 2017-2021 - Curriculum Committee Chair
- 2005-2019 - Pharmacist, Shopper's Drug Mart Pharmacy
- 2017 - Public Service Award for Michigan Dental Association, House of Delegates
- 2016 - Professor of the Year Award (P3 Year), PharmD Class of 2017
- 2016 - AACP Walmart Scholars Program, Faculty Mentor
- 2015 - Faculty Recognition Award, Convocation, PharmD Class of 2015
- 2015 - AACP Walmart Scholars Program, Faculty Mentor
- 2012 - Faculty of the Month - December, WSU, American Pharmacists Association
- 2009 - Commencement Speaker, Catholic Central High School Convocation, Windsor ON
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Ambulatory Care
● Ammar A, Darghali LM, Tarraf W, Berlie HD, Jaber LA. Pharmacist Impact on Physician Practices Related to Diabetes Management. Advances in Social Sciences Research Journal. 2021;8(4):560-575.
● Berlie HD, Kale-Pradhan PB, Orzechowski T, Jaber LA. Mechanisms and Potential Roles of Glucose-Lowering Agents in COVID-19: A Review. Ann Pharmacother. 2021;55(11):1386-1396.
● Mohammad I, Berlie HD, Lipari M, Martirosov AL, Bacon O, Duong A, Faraj M, Garwood C. Ambulatory Care Practice in the COVID-19 Era: Redesigning Clinical Services and Experiential Learning. JACCP. 2020;3(6):1129-1137.
● Berlie HD, Janke KK, Garwood CL. Cultivating a Vibrant and Thriving Elective Curriculum in Pharmacy Schools. AJPE. 2020;84(2): Article 7802.
● Trivedi G, Bourquin D, Berlie H. Community practice adapts during pandemic to implement pharmacy-run COVID-19 clinics with student pharmacists. Michigan Pharmacist. 2020;58(4):26-27.
● Lipari M, Berlie H, Saleh Y, Pang H, Moser LR. Understandability, actionability, and readability of online patient education materials about diabetes mellitus. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2019;76:182-186.
● Bertran E, Berlie H, Nixon A, Jaber L. Does dapagliflozin affect energy intake and appetite? A randomized controlled exploratory study in healthy subjects. Clin Pharmacol Drug Dev. 2019;8:119-125.
● Bertran EA, Berlie HD, Taylor A, Divine G, Jaber LA. Diagnostic performance of HbA1c for diabetes in Arab vs. European populations: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Diabet Med. 2017;34(2):156-166.
● Kokoska L, Wilhelm S, Garwood CL, Berlie H. Aspirin for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in patients with diabetes: a meta-analysis. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016;120:31-9.
● Kokoska L, El Masri D, Berlie H, Garwood C. Prescribing patterns of aspirin for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in geriatric patients with diabetes. J Clin Gerontol Geriatr. 2016:7(20):33-36.
● Moser L, Berlie H, Salinitri F, McCuistion M, Slaughter RL. Enhancing academic success by creating a community of learners. Am J Pharm Educ. 2015;79(5):70.
● Mackey Pilar, Berlie H. WSU offers unique interprofessional student organization. Michigan Pharmacist. 2015;53(4):20.
● Nigro SC, Garwood CL, Berlie H, Irons B, Longyhore D, McFarland MS, Saseen JJ, Trewet C. PRN Opinion Paper. Securing room for pharmacists in the Pateint-Centered Medical Home: An opinion statement of the Ambulatory Care Practice and Research Network of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Pharmacotherapy. 2014;34(1):96-108.
● Berlie H, Hurren KM. Evaluation of lorcaserin for the treatment of obesity. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol. 2013;9(8):1053-9.
● Farran RA, Stajdl, J, Berlie H. The Patient-Centered Medical Home: How do we fit in as educators, pharmacists and students? Michigan Pharmacist. 2013;51(1):36-38.
● Berlie HD, Hurren KM, Pinelli NR. Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists as add-on therapy to basal insulin in patients with Type 2 Diabetes: a systematic review. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes. 2012;5:165-74.
● Hurren K, Berlie H. Lorcaserin: an investigational serotonin 2C agonist for weight loss. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2011;68:2029-37.
● Berlie HD, Garwood CL. Diabetes medications related to an increased risk of falls and fall-related morbidity in the elderly. Ann Pharmacother. 2010;44:712-7.
● Lahiri M, Gortney J, Moser L, Garwood C, Berlie HD. Zoom-in on student learning experience: Using longitudinal student focus-groups for evaluating a Pharm.D. (P1-P3) didactic curriculum renewal. Am J Pharm Educ. 2020; Am J Pharm Educ. 2020;84(6):Article 8220:826. Presented at the AACP Virtual Pharmacy Education Meeting, 2020.
● Ammar A, Darghali LM, Elias M, Polina S, Tarraf W, Berlie HD, Jaber L. Pharmacist Impact on Physician Practices in Diabetes Management: An Update.Presented at WSU EACPHS Research Day, 2020, Detroit MI
● Ammar A, Darghali LM, Sondor A, Tan J, McGarrity M, Jaber LD, Berlie HD. Barriers to Pharmacist Managed Diabetes Clinic Visits: A Performance-Improvement Process. Presented at WSU EACPHS Research Day, 2020, Detroit MI.
● Berlie HD, Salinitri FD, Jaber LA, Mohammad I, Kilgore PE, Karaoui L, Btaiche IF, Crabtree BL, Moser LR, Lucarotti RL. Integrating Global Outreach and Student/Faculty Exchange into a Pharm.D. Program. Abstract, AACP School Poster page 1139. Am J Pharm Educ. 2019;83(5): Article 7626. Presented at AACP Annual Meeting, July 2019, Chicago IL
● Prescott GM, Bosso N, Mullen T, Miller ML, Berlie HD, Sawyer J. Pre- and Post-Travel Health Recommendations for Pharm.D. Students Engaged in Global Health Experiences. Abstract, AACP page 1014. Am J Pharm Educ. 2019;83(5): Article 7654. Presented at AACP Annual Meeting, July 2019, Chicago IL