Charles Wayne Manke (ad5529)
- Mesoscopic simulations of polymer systems and biomolecules
- Rheology of polymer solutions and melts
- Polymer processing in supercritical fluids
- Environmentally benign manufacturing with CO2-soluble compounds.
Ca2+-Dimethylphosphate complex formation: providing insight into Ca2+ mediated local dehydration and membrane fusion in cells, J. Potoff, Z. Issa, C. W. Manke, B. P. Jena, International Journal of Cell Biology, in press.
Organic nanostructures on silicon, created with semitransparent polystyrene spheres and 248 nm laser pulses E. W. Rothe, R. J. Baird, C. W. Manke, and R. Piparia, Nanotechnology, in press.
Phase Behavior of 1,3,5-Tri-Tert-Butylbenzene-Carbon Dioxide Binary System, Dilek, C., Manke, C.W., Gulari, E., Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 43, 421-429 (2008) .
Phase behavior of β-D-galactose pentaacetate-carbon dioxide binary system, C. Dilek, C. W. Manke, and E. Gulari, Fluid Phase Equilibria, 239, 172-177 (2006).
Effect of Polymer-Surfactant Interactions on Elongational Viscosity and Atomization of PEO Solutions Z. Ergungor, J. M. Smolinski, C. W. Manke, and E. Gulari, J. Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, 138, 1-6 (2006).
Developments Toward Simulation of Entangled Polymer Melts by DPD G. Pan and C. W. Manke, International Journal of Modern Physics B, 17, 231-235 (2003).
Effect of Solvent Quality on the Dynamics of Polymer Solutions Simulated by Dissipative Particle Dynamics G. Pan and C. W. Manke, J Rheol. 46, 1221-1237 (2002).
- Ph.D. University of California at Berkeley (Chemical Engineering)
- M.S. University of California at Berkeley (Chemical Engineering)
- B.S. Oregon State University (Chemical Engineering)