Remote Advising in the University Advising Center
Currently we are suspending all in-person advising sessions until further notice. However, we are committed to meeting your academic advising needs and will be conducting virtual advising appointments via your choice of email, telephone or Microsoft Teams.
To schedule an advising appointment, visit advisingworks.wayne.edu and indicate in the comments section your preference for appointment type (phone, email or MS Teams). Note: Some UAC advisors have restricted options to phone or email only. Check advisor instructions when finalizing your advising appointment.
What you should know before your Teams advising appointment:
- Your advisor will always initiate the appointment. Please be by your computer or device and ready to begin your appointment at the scheduled time.
- Please be prepared and dressed as though you are attending an in-person meeting (for video appointments).
- As we will most likely be going over your academic record, we strongly recommend that you use a desktop/laptop with a stable internet connection in a quiet area to ensure safety and security. If you are attending your appointment in a common space in your home, we strongly suggest you use headphones.
- It is your responsibility to make sure you are in an environment that complies with all Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) rules and regulations. Requesting a Teams Meeting is your acknowledgement of the FERPA rules and regulations in the link above.
- If needed, you can also download the MS Teams app on your smartphone or tablet. Please note, you'd have very limited interaction capabilities during the appointment, which will not be to your benefit.
- Please do not attempt to conduct your appointment while driving. We reserve the right to end the meeting if this occurs.
Need assistance in accessing Teams?
You can access Teams in three different ways:
- Via Microsoft 365 (once you've logged into your WSU email account, click on the squares icon in the upper left hand corner).
- Downloading the desktop version
- Downloading the app on your smartphone or tablet
Once you've determined how you'll access Teams, make sure your microphone (and camera) are turned on. Be ready to receive the call from your advisor. If you have questions, you can always reach out to your individual advisor prior to your scheduled appointment.