Wayne State is a nationally recognized urban center of excellence in research and one of only 10 U.S. public universities in major cities holding the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching's designation as an institution with "very high research activity," as well as the foundation's most comprehensive classification for community engagement. WSU is among the nation's top public universities for total research expenditures ($245.8 million) according to the National Science Foundation.
Research, scholarship and creative activity are the foundation of our achievements, offering students a university experience that prepares them for leadership roles as scientists, health professionals, artists, educators, entrepreneurs and more. Through groundbreaking research and hands-on education, Wayne State faculty members transform the lives of our students and the citizens of our community.
- Wayne State to develop online parent-training program for addressing challenging behaviors
- Wayne State professor wins lifetime achievement award for research on fetal alcohol spectrum disorders
- Top biomedical journal is edited at Wayne State University and the Perinatology Research Branch of NICHD/NIH
- Wayne State receives $1.9 M NIH grant to develop novel therapy for corneal bacterial infection
- Wayne State University/Karmanos Cancer Institute research team receive NIH funding to expand imaging technology to guide cancer treatment
- Cancer symposium highlights partnership between WSU and Fudan University in Shanghai