Wayne State is a nationally recognized urban center of excellence in research and one of only 10 U.S. public universities in major cities holding the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching's designation as an institution with "very high research activity," as well as the foundation's most comprehensive classification for community engagement. WSU is among the nation's top public universities for total research expenditures ($245.8 million) according to the National Science Foundation.
Research, scholarship and creative activity are the foundation of our achievements, offering students a university experience that prepares them for leadership roles as scientists, health professionals, artists, educators, entrepreneurs and more. Through groundbreaking research and hands-on education, Wayne State faculty members transform the lives of our students and the citizens of our community.
- Important News for International Travelers
- $3.8 million NIH grant to Wayne State aims to find new treatment for PTSD
- Wayne State researchers suggest that brain networks at ‘rest’ are in readiness for ‘action’
- Wayne State physics professor part of collaborative research team helping to address drug delivery challenges
- Wayne State University and Karmanos Cancer Institute receive grant to conduct nation's largest study of factors affecting African Americans with cancer
- Wayne State biology professor earns prestigious NSF Career Award to study bacterial development