Wayne State is a nationally recognized urban center of excellence in research and one of only 10 U.S. public universities in major cities holding the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching's designation as an institution with "very high research activity," as well as the foundation's most comprehensive classification for community engagement. WSU is among the nation's top public universities for total research expenditures ($245.8 million) according to the National Science Foundation.
Research, scholarship and creative activity are the foundation of our achievements, offering students a university experience that prepares them for leadership roles as scientists, health professionals, artists, educators, entrepreneurs and more. Through groundbreaking research and hands-on education, Wayne State faculty members transform the lives of our students and the citizens of our community.
- Psychiatry’s Dr. David Rosenberg talks child and adolescent internet addiction on TV’s ’20/20′
- Wayne State University, American Heart Association to host Detroit Heart Walk to raise funds for cardiovascular research and outreach
- Wayne State receives $7.5 m NIH renewal for environmental center
- Integrative Biosciences Center Named 2017 Renovated Laboratory of the Year
- American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant Opportunity for Junior Faculty
- Important News for International Travelers