Wayne State is a nationally recognized urban center of excellence in research. We are proud to be one of only 10 U.S. public universities in major cities holding the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching's designation as an institution with "very high research activity," as well as the foundation's most comprehensive classification for community engagement. WSU is among the nation's top public universities for total research expenditures ($245.8 million) according to the National Science Foundation.
Research, scholarship and creative activity are the foundation of our achievements, offering students a university experience that prepares them for leadership roles as scientists, health professionals, artists, educators, entrepreneurs and more. Through groundbreaking research and hands-on education, Wayne State faculty members transform the lives of our students and our community.
- Wayne State receives $3.2 million NIH award to improve asthma care and outcomes in African-American children
- Arts and Humanities Research Support - Informational Meeting Sept. 20 and LOIs due Oct. 18
- Learn how to search for external funding opportunities through COS Pivot – hands-on workshops scheduled for fall and winter semesters
- Important ClinicalTrials.gov Requirements
- Changing policies impact NIH-funded studies involving human subjects
- Wayne State receives NSF grant to explore new ways to harvest solar energy