Wayne State is a nationally recognized urban center of excellence in research. We are proud to be one of only 10 U.S. public universities in major cities holding the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching's designation as an institution with "very high research activity," as well as the foundation's most comprehensive classification for community engagement. WSU is among the nation's top public universities for total research expenditures ($245.8 million) according to the National Science Foundation.
Research, scholarship and creative activity are the foundation of our achievements, offering students a university experience that prepares them for leadership roles as scientists, health professionals, artists, educators, entrepreneurs and more. Through groundbreaking research and hands-on education, Wayne State faculty members transform the lives of our students and our community.
- Water@Wayne Winter 2018 Seminars Announced
- Cayuse System Maintenance Alert
- NIH-funded study may lead to new screening method and treatment for Cystic Fibrosis
- New NIH study to research the risk of hearing loss in Detroit firefighters
- Sperm RNA may serve as biomarkers of future health, Wayne State University researchers find
- New study out of WSU further supports use of progesterone to fight preterm birth