Transfer Warrior Ambassador Application
Transfer Warrior Ambassadors are a select group of students chosen through an application and interview process to guide and lead newly admitted transfer students; share your own experiences, gain leadership, and to serve as a role model and a person of support for new transfer students.
Benefits and incentives
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate monthly one-on-month meeting with mentee
- Facilitate and participate in special events as needed
- Serve as an encouraging role model and person of support
- Lead students positively with guidance on becoming acclimated with the Wayne State Community
- Successful completion of at least 12 credit hours
- Currently enrolled at Wayne State University
- Cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Ability to commit to at least 8-10 hours per week during the semester
- Commitment of at least two consecutive semesters
- Available for some evening and/or weekend activities
- Excellent and verbal and communication skills
- Enthusiastic personality!
Apply to be a Mentor
The Transfer Warrior Ambassador is a paid position for Fall – Winter terms. The position begins in September with training dates during the semester prior to beginning the position. Mentors will work approximately 8-10 hours/week. Undergraduate students with prior experience being a transfer student at Wayne State University are highly preferred. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are hired internally.