Transfer Student Learning Community
We want you to be successful, and the Transfer Student Learning Community is a great way to support you and help you get involved at Wayne State. Our Learning Community specifically helps transfer students get off to a flying start during their first semester at WSU. New transfer students are automatically invited and encouraged to join.
In the Transfer Student Learning Community you will:
- Meet new people and make friends
- Get connected to campus activities, clubs and organizations
- Attend academic and social activities specifically designed for new transfer students
- Learn the ins and outs of being a Warrior
Winter 2018 events
- Monday, February 19, 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m., Maccabees 5057 Woodward, room 3101 - third floor. Coffee Hour with TSSC. Come meet the staff of the Transfer Student Success Center, including peer students who can help you succeed at Wayne State!
- Wednesday, March 7, 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., Student Center - room 289. Faygo with Financial Literacy. Enjoy Faygo Pop while learning how to make informed financial decisions, and how to plan for a healthy financial future from the Financial Literacy Coordinator.
- Monday, March 19, 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m., Student Center - room 358. Cupcakes with Career Services. Enjoy some cupcakes with Career Services while learning about the different resources they provide to students.
- Monday, April 9, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. TSSC Google Hangout. Join the Transfer Student Success Center for our Google Hangout - a networking program for new and second and third semester WSU transfer students.
- Wednesday, April 25, 4 p.m. - 5 p.m., Stucent Center - room 281. Finals Preparation. Finals are just around the corner, and with the help of the Academic Success Center, we'd like to help. During the workshop you'll learn effective studying techniques, how to make a study plan and much more.
Our Transfer Learning Communities Peer Mentors are experienced Wayne State students and can provide you with a student perspective. Peer Mentors offer guidance and support for the Learning Community and will help you successfully navigate your first semester at Wayne State.