Transfer Student Learning Community
We want you to be successful, and the Transfer Student Learning Community is a great way to support you and help you get involved at Wayne State. Our Learning Community specifically helps transfer students get off to a flying start during their first semester at WSU. New transfer students are automatically invited and encouraged to join.
In the Transfer Student Learning Community you will:
- Meet new people and make friends
- Get connected to campus activities, clubs and organizations
- Attend academic and social activities specifically designed for new transfer students
- Learn the ins and outs of being a Warrior
Fall 2017 events
- Monday, October 2, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., Student Center, Room 384, Third Floor. Subway with Student Organizations. Enjoy Subway sandwiches and drinks while learning from the Dean of Students Office (DOSO) how you can get involved in one of the many student organizations on campus!
- Wednesday, October 11, 10:30 - 12:30 p.m. Visit our table in the Student Center, first floor. Stop by and pick up some goodies!
- Wednesday, October 18, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m., Student Center, Room 384, Third Floor. Cupcakes with CAPS (Counseling and Psychological Services). Enjoy cupcakes while learning about the services CAPS offers to students on campus.
- Tuesday, October 24, 11:00 - 2:00 p.m. Visit our table in the Student Center, first floor. Stop by and pick up some goodies!
- Wednesday, November 1, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., Student Center, Room 384, Third Floor, Faygo Pop with Financial Literacy. Enjoy Faygo Pop while learning how to make informed financial decisions, and how to plan for a healthy financial future from the Financial Literacy Coordinator.
- Monday, November 13, 10:30 - 11:00 a.m., Student Center, Room 384, Third Floor. Coffee with Career Services. Enjoy some coffee with Career Services while learning about the different resources they provide to students.
Our Transfer Learning Communities Peer Mentors are experienced Wayne State students and can provide you with a student perspective. Peer Mentors offer guidance and support for the Learning Community and will help you successfully navigate your first semester at Wayne State.