Returning students

student with faculty

If you've been away from Wayne State University for an extended period of time, you may find yourself unable to register for classes. In order to quickly reactivate your academic record, you need to provide us updated information.

  • Please complete the Returning Student Record Update Form (pdf) and return it to the Records and Registration office. You can also fax it to us at 313-577-0945.   
  • In researching your record, we will apprise you of any holds that we find and advise you on how to clear them up. In some cases, this may involve visiting or calling other offices on campus.  
  • Once you send in your Returning Student Record Update Form, you should also request your transcript
  • You should also make an appointment with an academic advisor as soon as possible. An advisor can help you formulate a plan of work and keep you on track toward finishing your degree.
  • Once you're ready to register, check out the schedule of classes to see when classes are being offered. You can also review your degree audit in STARS to see your outstanding course requirements.