Degrees and graduation
Applying for graduation
One of the last steps you need to take before receiving your degree is to apply for graduation.
- You must apply for graduation in Academica no later than the end of the fifth week of classes in the semester you plan on graduating.
- To submit an application, click on the Student tab and select Apply for Degree or Certificate from the Student Records menu.
- There is a $40 non-refundable graduation fee for some students that must be paid before your application for graduation can be considered. The fee does not apply to graduate students, law students and undergraduates who started in fall 2014 or after.
- Payment must be made in the online application for graduation by credit card or electronic check.
- If you are currently registered, you can also choose to add the fee to your student account.
- Before you apply, be sure to review Degree Works.
- You should also make an appointment to see your advisor and make sure you've completed all academic requirements.
If you have any questions, e-mail the Records Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 313-577-2100.
Wayne State graduates students in May (Winter), August (Spring/Summer) and December (Fall). Commencement occurs in May and December. Students applying for Spring/Summer graduation are invited to participate in either commencement, depending on when they apply for graduation.
|Completing classes by||Apply for Graduation by||Participate in Commencement in|
|May 2, 2017||Feb. 10, 2017||May 2017|
|Aug. 18, 2017||March 10, 2017||May 2017|
|Aug. 18, 2017||June 9, 2017||Dec. 2017|
|Dec. 19, 2017||Sept. 29, 2017||Dec. 2017|