Declaration of Major — CFPCA

You must be in good academic standing to declare or change your major.

Procedures for declaration or change of major

  1. Obtain a copy of your WSU transcript.

    • If your courses were all taken after fall 1998, download an unofficial copy of your transcript from STARS.
    • If your courses include at least one taken prior to fall 1998, request your transcript through Academica.
    • If you do not have access to Academica, you must request a transcript from Records and Registration.
  2. Meet with an advisor to get a degree audit of your general education requirements.

    • Call 313-577-2680 or visit to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.
  3. Get a signed Declaration of Major Form from an advisor in your major department.

    • Call your major department to make an appointment.
    • Present your transcript and completed degree audit form to your major department advisor.
    • Review your major requirements.
    • Obtain the signature of your major department advisor on the Declaration of Major Form.
  4. Return the Declaration of Major Form to:

College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts
Linsell House
5104 Gullen Mall
Detroit, MI 48202