- Are reservations required to attend STEM Day? Reservations are required to attend STEM Day. We expect available spaces to fill and to have a waitlist as they did last year and encourage you to register early.
- Can I choose what sessions I want to attend? You are able to indicate what areas of interest you have at the time of registration. Sessions will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis to those registered. You will be notified by early January for what sessions your group will be attending.
- Is this event really free to attend? STEM Day is a free event for 2018. We hope to introduce and inspire young minds to pursue future studies or a potential career in a STEM field. In effort to continue to provide this opportunity to as many students as possible, we ask that you be mindful in signing up for the correct number of students who you will bring with you in your group.
- How much does lunch cost and what is included? Lunch is free to attendees who register in advance. Some students will have the opportunity to eat in one of our two dining halls. Most students will recieve a Subway box lunches at various campus locations. Subway box lunches include a choice of sandwich, chips, cookie and beverage.
- What activities will take place during each of the sessions? We have lots of fun in store for the day! Fire tornados, bouncing bubbles, virtual reality, finger casting and so much more. As the date approaches, we will continue to update our session descriptions. Check back as the event approaches for a full listing.
- What will I see during a campus tour? Campus tours will vary due to the volume of students on campus for STEM Day. Attendees can expect to see a variety of locations where WSU students learn, study, socialize, eat, sleep and hang out. Those interested in seeing more are invited to schedule a full campus tour on another date of their choice.
- Where should I arrive to the day of the event? All attendees will be required to check-in at the Welcome Center, located at 42 W. Warren. Those arriving for a 9 a.m. campus tour should plan to arrive by 8:30 a.m. All others should arrive at 9 a.m. to provide adequate time to check-in and get to thier first session.
- Where do I park to attend this event? Large groups arriving in buses will be directed to park on the Matthaei service drive. Smaller groups and individual attendees will park in assigned lots or structures. Detailed parking information will be emailed one week prior to STEM Day.