Executive Order 94-4 issued
- No smoking is permitted in any building owned or leased by the university (except individual units in housing) or university vehicles.
- Smoking was permitted within a “reasonable” distance from building exits/entrances.
September 2000 (revised October 2008)
University Policy 2000-03 issued
- No smoking is permitted within 20 feet of building exits/entrances.
- In 2008, this distance was increased to 25 feet.
- The sale/distribution of tobacco products in university facilities is banned.
A presidential task force is established to examine whether or not to fully implement a smoke-free campus.
The Task Force on a Smoke-Free Campus recommends expansion of the current policy to ban all smoking and use of tobacco products on campus.
The Smoke-Free and Tobacco-Free Campus Implementation Committee is formed.